Beginning October 1, 2020, we are committing ourselves to pray for one year. What are we going to pray about?
We’re going to pray to Reproduce Authentic Christians. Prayers to help us be the church we desire to be.
We will pray these prayers, every day, once a month, for a whole year. And we hope you can join us. Below is the list of prayers with verses to help you process through each thought. We also have a PDF version of the prayers you can download here: Daily Prayers to RAC
Prayers for Personal Growth
- Day 1: To fear God: Without fearing God, we cannot live a life of an authentic Christian. Everything hinges on this. We will end up fearing everything else and diminish God’s place in our lives.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. – Proverbs 1:7
- Day 2: To keep His commands: “Fear God and keep His commands” was the duty of mankind according to Solomon. We live a life of obedience to Him, making sure we live so close to Him that His will becomes ours.
- Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. – Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Day 3: To love God above everyone else: We can end up placing so many people on a pedestal, worshipping them more than we worship God. Our love for God must be so great that no one else even makes the list.
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. – Deuteronomy 6:5
- Day 4: To Love God above everything else: Anything that we give more time, energy, and attention to is an idol. They must be confessed and smashed so that the only thing we worship is God.
- Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord ? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. – Psalm 24:3-4
- An idol is anything we place between us and God. Something we give a higher priority to than Him. Even if it is not sinful, if God is ignored for it, the idol must be smashed.
- Day 5: To not be influenced by the world: The world is good at tempting us to go with their thought process. We must be stronger to be in the world and not of the world.
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. – Romans 12:1-2
- Day 6: To be Humble: We must come across as one who loves and care for others enough to share the truth about Jesus, not that we are right, and they are wrong.
- As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. – Ephesians 4:1-2
- Day 7: To be Honest: We must always be willing to share the truth. If we are not trusted, how can others trust what we have to say about Christ?
- Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. – Ephesians 4:25
- Day 8: To have self-control: We must not allow temptation to overtake us or allow for Satan to get a foothold into our lives.
- Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control. – Proverbs 25:28
- Day 9: To be devoted to the Word: We spend time every day in God’s Word: reading, learning, studying, praying over.
- And may your hearts be fully committed to the Lord our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.” – 1 Kings 8:61
- Day 10: To live out His Word: It’s not just enough to know God’s Word, but also to make sure it is being put into action.
- Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. – James 1:22-25
- Day 11: To share His Word: That we are willing to speak the truth of God’s Word boldly and not keep it to ourselves. That we share through both action and deed.
- How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” – Romans 10:14-15
- Day 12: To be a godly example: We are the ones who show who Christ is through our actions. As we reproduce, we must act out what it means to be a Christian.
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. – Philippians 4:8-9
- Day 13: Realize we are powerless without God: Our power comes through the Holy Spirit that dwells within us. If we try to do this all apart from Him, we will not be able to do anything.
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. – John 15:5-6
- Day 14: To be willing to sacrifice everything: We have found the one that we are willing to lose everything for. We have died to ourselves and so we are willing to place everything on the altar if it wins another for Christ.
- Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. – John 15:13
Prayers for Us As a Church
- Day 15: For the courage to speak: That when it is time to speak, that we no longer stay silent. We are willing to speak the truth in love to all who will listen.
- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. – 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Day 16: To be committed to the mission: There is no such thing as an unsent Christian and so we will stay true to God’s command to go and reproduce authentic Christians.
- Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20
- Day 17: To be convicted by the Spirit: That our faith is not just head knowledge, but heart knowledge, incorporated into the very fiber of our soul so that it is a conviction we will never be able to relinquish.
- For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. – 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5
- Day 18: For opportunities to share and speak: Many times, there are opportunities around us, but we are not focused on the needs of others. Ask for opened eyes to see those who need Jesus.
- But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, – 1 Peter 3:15
- Day 19: For boldness: We have a Spirit of boldness and not timidity. We are called to go out into the world like an unstoppable force, not cowering in fear.
- For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance! – Acts 28:30-31
- Day 20: To love the unlovable: Unfortunately, we live in a world where we see people as too far gone, but there is not a single person God has made that He has not loved intimately.
- “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. – Luke 6:27-28
- Day 21: For us to be fruitful as a church: We care more about reproducing authentic Christians and fulfilling the mission than we do about filling the seats of our church.
- For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, – Colossians 1:9-10
- Day 22: For us to be fruitful individually: That we are a part of God’s plan as a person and we are going out into the world to reproduce, not being a spectator watching others do the work.
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. – John 15:5
- Day 23: For strong church relationships with one another: That we are present to love one another, encourage one another, and keep one another accountable.
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. – Hebrews 10:24-25
- Day 24: For God to work through us: That God will use each and every one of us as His hands and feet in the world to accomplish His will and His purpose through us.
- Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. – Philippians 2:12-13
- Day 25: To disciple others who will make new disciples: Our goal is not just to reproduce authentic Christians, but to make new disciples of Jesus who will reproduce. That we multiply as a church into many new churches.
- You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. – 2 Timothy 2:1-2
Prayers for the World
- Day 26: To have concern for the lost: That we love those who are apart from God knowing full well where they will end up if they do not turn away from their sin.
- I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen. – Romans 9:1-5
- Day 27: God’s name is praised by the world: We want to live in a world where God’s name is praised above all other names and given the glory He deserves.
- Among the gods there is none like you, Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God. – Psalm 86:8-10
- Day 28: For our community: Pray for open hearts, open minds, and breaking down the barriers that are between us and them.
- I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people. – Ephesians 1:18
- Day 29: For our neighbors: That we have opportunities to love them, serve them, bless them, and share the truth about Christ with them.
- “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” -Galatians 6:10
- Day 30: For those we love: That those people God has placed on our hearts will see the power and grace of Jesus so that we can all spend eternity together, forever, with Him.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6